Where can I HAVE A FIREARM?
Calguns Foundation FAQ: Where can I HAVE A FIREARM?
California law allows handguns generally (Penal Code 12026)
- anywhere within the citizen's or legal resident's place of residence
- place of business
- on private property owned or lawfully possessed by the citizen or legal resident
Handguns may generally be transported anywhere except onto school property and into certain public buildings.
Penal Code 12026.2 has a list of places, which it acknowledges is not exclusive:
- firearms collector’s meetings
- hunter safety classes or sporting events involving the firearm
- fixed businesses that repair firearms
- gun shows and swap meets
- licensed target ranges
- lawful campsites, if not otherwise prohibited
Holders of licenses to carry concealed weapons have more options.
Hunting regulations are outside the scope of this article.
Link to discussion thread
Link to reference thread