Peruta v. County of San Diego
Peruta v County of San Diego
Peruta v County of San Diego is a second amendment case challenging the carry license issuing policies in San Diego County.
Peruta is the first named plaintiff (Michele Laxson, James Dodd, Leslie Buncher, Mark Cleary, California Rifle and Pistol Association Foundation CPRAF) and County of San Diego is the first named defendant, William Gore, Sheriff of San Diego County.
The case is case number 09-CV-2371 IEG (BLM). Docket from RECAP.
- June 28, 2010: Amendment granted Hon. Irma E. Gonzalez grants order to amend the original complaint.
- June 25, 2010: Amendment to complaint filed.
- October 10, 2009: Complaint filed.
Calguns Discussion Thread
This suit seeks to do two things.
1. Seeks to either find "good cause" as unconstitutional or establish "self defense" sufficient for the California's "Good Cause" requirement.
2. County residency requirements.