Pena v Cid
Peña v Cid
Ivan Peña is the first named plaintiff (Ivan Peña, Roy Vargas, Doña Croston, Brett Thomas, Second Amendment Foundation and Calguns Foundation), Wilfredo Cid is "the Chief of the California Department of Justice Bureau of Firearms, and as such is responsible for formulating, executing and administering the State of California’s laws, customs, practices, and policies at issue in this lawsuit".
The case number is 2:09-cv-01185.
- September 18, 2009 - Plaintiffs filed an opposition to California DOJ's Motion to Dismiss. Defendants Motion to Dismiss will be hard October 2, 2009 at 10AM in Federal Court in Sacramento in front of District Judge Frank C. Damrell - Courtroom 2, 15th floor.
- September 10, 2009 - Judge Frank C. Damrell, Jr ordered the following: Defendant's Motion to Dismiss to be heard on October 2, Defendant's Motion for Relief to be heard Oct 16, and Plaintiff's MSJ continued to October 30.
- September 9, 2009 - defendant DOJ filed a motion to stay the MSJ.
- September 2, 2009 - Plaintiffs filed a Motion for Summary Judgment (Memorandum of Points and Authorities) and expect that motion to be heard October 2, 2009 at 10AM in Federal District Court in Sacramento.
- July 6, 2009 - California filed a Motion to Dismiss (Memorandum of Points and Authorities). Plaintiffs expect to file a Motion for Summary Judgment shortly.
- Complaint filed April 30, 2009
Calguns Discussion Thread
See also CGF Coalition Lawsuit: DC Handgun Roster regarding Hanson/DC.