Difference between revisions of "Pena v. Cid"
|Line 47:||Line 47:|
[http://.archive.org//gov.uscourts.caed.191444/Case files are here]
Revision as of 21:04, 10 December 2014
Peña v. Cid
Ivan Peña is the first named plaintiff (Ivan Peña, Roy Vargas, Doña Croston, Brett Thomas, Second Amendment Foundation and Calguns Foundation), Wilfredo Cid is "the Chief of the California Department of Justice Bureau of Firearms, and as such is responsible for formulating, executing and administering the State of California’s laws, customs, practices, and policies at issue in this lawsuit". Steven Lindley replaced Cid in that DOJ position, ans was substituted for Cid in the suit.
The case number is 2:09-cv-01185. Docket from RECAP
- October 25/26, 2013: Each party filed notice that it will move for summary judgement (or summary adjudication) on Nov 22, 2013.
- Sep 18 2012 - STATUS (PRETRIAL SCHEDULING) ORDER signed by Judge Kimberly J. Mueller on 9/18/12: Designation of expert witnesses is due by 3/8/2013, supplemental list of expert witnesses is due by 3/29/2013, all expert discovery shall be completed by 5/3/2013, all dispositive motions, except motions for continuances, temporary restraining orders or other emergency applications, shall be heard no later than 6/28/2013.
- August 1, 2012 Stay lifted, pre-trial conference set for August 30, 2012
- December 20, 2011 Stay re-imposed for the results of the en banc consideration of Nordyke.
- December 15, 2011 Stay lifted; dependency on Nordyke removed.
- May 12, 2011 - JOINT STATUS REPORT Both parties agree that stay should now be lifted.
- July 15, 2010 - The court extended its deadline for the filing of a Joint Status Report by 10 days to August 5, 2010.
- July 12, 2010 - The en-banc 9th Circuit court of appeals issued a remand order in Nordyke v. King.
- October 2, 2009 - Judge Damrell ordered the case stayed pending the outcome of McDonald and Nordyke v. King.
- September 18, 2009 - Plaintiffs filed an opposition to California DOJ's Motion to Dismiss. Defendants Motion to Dismiss will be heard October 2, 2009 at 10AM in Federal Court in Sacramento in front of District Judge Frank C. Damrell - Courtroom 2, 15th floor.
- September 10, 2009 - Judge Frank C. Damrell, Jr ordered the following: Defendant's Motion to Dismiss to be heard on October 2, Defendant's Motion for Relief to be heard Oct 16, and Plaintiff's MSJ continued to October 30.
- September 9, 2009 - defendant DOJ filed a motion to stay the MSJ.
- September 2, 2009 - Plaintiffs filed a Motion for Summary Judgment (Memorandum of Points and Authorities) and expect that motion to be heard October 2, 2009 at 10AM in Federal District Court in Sacramento.
- July 6, 2009 - California filed a Motion to Dismiss (Memorandum of Points and Authorities). Plaintiffs expect to file a Motion for Summary Judgment shortly.
- April 30, 2009 - Complaint filed
Calguns Discussion Thread
See also CGF Coalition Lawsuit: DC Handgun Roster regarding Hanson/DC.