Baker v. Biaggi
Baker v. Biaggi et al
AL BAKER, Plaintiff, vs. LEO DROZDOFF, Acting Director of the Nevada Department of Conservation and Natural Resources; DAVID K. MORROW, Administrator of the Nevada State Parks; STEVE WEAVER, Deputy Director of the Nevada State Parks; ERIC JOHNSON, Nevada State Parks Fallon Regional Manager; and ANDREW BASS, Park Supervisor I, Wild Horse State Recreation Area, Defendants.
This is a second amendment challenge to the Nevada State Parks ban on possession of firearms for self defense. Mr. Baker applied for a special use permit from NV State Parks to keep a functional firearm in his tent and they denied him. Al Baker with the support of the Mountain States Legal Foundation sued the State of Nevada in Federal District court on July 13, 2010.
The case is case number Case 3:10-cv-00426-ECR-RAM Docket filed in U.S. District Court of Nevada Northern Division
- September 21, 2010 - ORDER GRANTING STIPULATED MOTION FOR PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION AND STAY PROCEEDINGS This preliminary injunction shall automatically expire without notice on September 21, 2011. All deadline are hereby stayed until March 21, 2011. ( see pdf order for specifics ) Signed byJudge Larry R. Hicks for Judge Edward C. Reed, Jr on 9/21/2010.
- September 14, 2010 - Joint Motion for Preliminary Injunction
- September 10, 2010 - Defendant's Answer to Amended Complaint
- August 26, 2010 - Amended Complaint. Removed Defendants: Allen Biaggi and Allen Newberry and added new Defendants: Leo Drozdoff and Steven Weaver.
- August, 13, 2010 - Defendants Answer to Complaint
- July 13, 2010 - Complaint has been filed
Commentary and Analysis
Calguns Discussion Threads
- This suit seeks to overturn Nevada State law which bans possession of firearms for self defense.
- And make is so that in defense of life, discharge of firearm is not a crime.